Condominium Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I need a set of the Master Deed and Bylaws for our community. How do I get a copy?

A: You should have received a set of the organizational documents for  your community at the closing when you purchased your unit under the process of due diligence. If you find that you are still in need of a copy of these documents, your community link on this web site can provide you with access to the organizational documents for a nominal fee. These documents are also obtainable at the County Record of Deeds Office.

Q: I need maintenance service. How can I place a work order request?

A: In the near future, you will be able to use this web page to submit your work orders from the Work Orders tool bar. Until this electronic system is completely operational, please use the e-mail addresses under the Contact button on the side tool bar or the Staff profiles button. Work orders can also be mailed in manually or faxed to 248-553-4570. Unless it is an absolute emergency, we do not accept work order requests over the telephone.

Q: What are the items that the Condominium Association is responsible for maintaining and what items am I responsible for maintaining?

A: Your community link on this web page will depict a maintenance matrix that sets forth the duties for maintaining specific items. However, please be certain to refer to the Master Deed for the full legal description of responsibilities for maintenance.

Q: Does my community have its own web site?

A: Some communities have developed their own web sites. If your community has its own web site, there will be a link to it from our web site.

Q: I am selling my unit. What information do I need to provide to your office?

A: Prior to closing, verify that your title company has contacted our office to request a status letter. The status letter serves as confirmation of your paid dues and additional assessments, if any, and includes other disclosures essential to your closing. You will be able to confirm this information with your community bookkeeper. At this time, you should also give the new co-owner information to the bookkeeper. After you close, confirm that the title company has forwarded a copy of the warranty deed to our office. The warranty deed is the office legal document that we use to update/change the owner information in our records.

Q: I have decided to lease my unit. Do I need to inform you?

A: Yes. This allows us to provide our services efficiently and effectively in the association, especially in the case of an emergency. We do ask that you supply us with a copy of the lease and to complete the Emergency Contact Information Update Form for you and your tenant. You can find this form on our web site under the Documents Link.

• Marcus Management, Inc.• 30999 West 10 Mile Road • Farmington Hills, Michigan 48336 • Phone: (248) 553-4700 • Fax:(248) 553-4570 •